Kiki and Bubu: Rated R Us at the sex cinema
The exhibition "Sex in Vienna", shown 2017 at Wien Museum, mentioned the Fortuna Kino. It is - besides Kino Breitensee, also in Vienna, one of the oldest still active cinemas worldwide. It managed to survive the times by turning into a sex cinema. After extending the U1 and building the new subway station U1 Troststraße it ran through changes. The cinema was completely restored in its initial form (and got officially certified according to the prostitution act). Every third saturday per month it switches back to be the cinema that it was before - and shows classic movies in a cinema worth visiting, as it is a museum itself. Porn Film Festival Vienna 2019 will feature our philosophical sock puppets Kiki and Bubu in the full feature movie Rated R Us.
Saturday, April 6, 2019, 5 pm., Fortuna Kino, Favoritenstraße 147, 1100 Wien. Buy your tickets at the door.
posted at 2019-04-06 by monochrom
Sexmachines on display
NEKROPNEUM FUCKENBRUST NECKHAMMER 40k / A sex machine by monochrom feat.Thomas Kranabetter and Christian Schüler. Use and abuse this poly-sexual source of compressed lust and horror! Never before were carnal enjoyment and bodily horror so close! A torso you will haveHAWT nightmares about. To quote Salman Rushdie: "Shame is like everythingelse; live with it for long enough and it becomes part of the furniture.
PROSTATE HERO by Thomas Kranabetter. This playful interface makes it possible for you to experience the trueessence of being human: disgust, horniness, gamification and drunkenness, rightat your fingertips! Treat dat ass rite -- and you will receive booze!
The machines can be viewed (and tested!) at the Porn to be wild Playparty at Schwelle Wien, Tellgasse 25, 1150 Wien. 25 EUR admission.
Porn dresscode applies. You don´t dress up - you don´t get in! more: https://www.pffv.at/program/porn-to-be-wild-playparty
posted at 2019-04-04 by monochrom
Lecture: Screw the System: power and pornography
Sex is one of the most intimate and at the same time most political themes of human existence. We are sexual, technological, narrative and political beings. We have our preferences and kinks, and we do everything we can to make them either come true - or be passively consumed. How and when and in what way we do this is strongly influenced by the social context. Pornography, the most wondrous of all forms of commercial art, reminds us that we are stuck in a power structure. This doesn't necessarily have anything to do with pornography itself, but it shows that imbalances have digged deep into the foundations of our civilization and dominate our view of sexuality. But our approach to sex and its portrayal in the media can help to change and break up these social codifications. Marx's categorical imperative is to overturn all conditions in which man is a humiliated, a subjugated, an abandoned, a contemptible being. And of course this also applies (and is unfortunately forgotten again and again) to our sexual relationships. Johannes Grenzfurthner wants to address the question of how we can help pornography save itself - and society.
This Lecture is part of Porn Film Festival Vienna. Johannes Grenzfurthner will talk at Raum D, Museumsquartier Wien on April 5, 2019, starting at 6:30 pm.
No admission fees. No registration needed.
posted at 2019-04-04 by monochrom
Fucking Machines: Arse Elektronika in ‘The Gap’
An article in 'The Gap' deals with sex tech and Arse Elektronika. It's based on an interview with Johannes Grenzfurthner (German only).
Das österreichische Kollektiv Monochrom beschäftigt sich seit Jahren mit dem Zusammenspiel zwischen der Sexindustrie und der Tech-Welt. Bereits 2007 veranstalteten sie im Startup-Mekka San Francisco die erste Arse Elektronika, eine Konferenz für Sex & Tech, bei der jedes Jahr zahlreiche Speaker zu Wort kommen und neue Technologien vorgestellt werden. Während die Veranstaltung zunächst als einmaliges Event geplant war, wurde sie dank dem starken Zuspruch jährlich wiederholt und feiert nun ihr 10-jähriges Jubiläum. „Sex-Technologie ist ein sehr großer Bereich, der von Pornos auf Blu-ray bis zu einer technisch kontrollierbaren Fucking Machine reicht.“, erklärt Johannes Grenzfurthner, Initiator der Arse Elektronika. Unterschieden werden kann dabei zwischen Nischenprodukten, wie eigens angefertigten Fucking Machines, die nur ein kleines ausgewähltes Publikum ansprechen und dem Mainstream-Markt, der vor allem Pornos und Sex Toys konsumiert. Ein großes Thema in den letzten Jahren sei vor allem der Bereich der Teledildonik. Darunter fallen aus der Ferne steuerbare Sex Toys, die Remote-Control-Sex ermöglichen. Ebenfalls interessant seien reacting Sex Toys, wie beispielsweise Ambrosia Vibes, ein Dildo mit sogenanntem „Sucking Sensor“. Saugt jemand an dem Strap-On, gibt dieser Vibrationen an den Träger weiter.
posted at 2016-12-14 by monochrom
The big TEN! A decade of Arse Elektronika!
Arse Elektronika 2017 will take place in autumn 2017.
It will be our tenth festival -- and a good excuse for our plans of a reboot and restructuring!
We will keep you updated!
posted at 2016-03-28 by monochrom
Costumes! AE2015 opening night!
Arse Elektronika opening night on Friday October 2:
Costume style (voluntary dress code): "Work Uniforms Of The Sex Tech Future"
So gussy up!
posted at 2015-09-28 by monochrom
Arse Elektronika 2015: TICKETS!
And here we go... get your tickets!
posted at 2015-09-28 by monochrom
Arse Elektronika 2015: SHOOT YOUR WORKLOAD / Schedule is online
Finally, the schedule for Arse Elektronika 2015 is online!
posted at 2015-09-23 by monochrom
Arse Elektronika 2015: SHOOT YOUR WORKLOAD / Sex, work and tech / Call for submissions
Arse Elektronika San Francisco 2015
SHOOT YOUR WORKLOAD
SEX, WORK AND TECH.
October 2-4, 2015 in San Francisco, USA.
* How can we change work structures in the sex tech field. Is DIY really so revolutionary, or are we just tinkering around with our misery?
* Work and labor struggle and exploitation in sex tech. What to do about dildo sweatshops?
* What are the correlations of technology and sex work?
* Some research suggests that different sexual dynamics prevail in traditional breadwinner households. What sexual dynamics might proliferate in an economy of widespread automation and basic income, in a society where "having a job" becomes increasingly antiquated?
* What is emotional labor to a chatbot?
* What about the connection between 'work' and active/passive dichotomies in sex? What is the invisible work of bottoms and subs, and how might it be better recognized?
* What do you do with your sex when it stops working?
* How is silicone working out for the environment? We know silicone is inert, versatile, non-toxic, and body safe as an object but what is our collective exit strategy for the e-waste & non-biodegradable leftovers of sex toy boom? How are silicone lubricants (and other health & beauty uses) interacting with the water supply once they're washed down the drain?
* What work goes into the extraction of raw resources, such as the rubber tree plantations of South America that make our condoms and catsuits? How do you go from a rubber tree to a rubber dildo?
* How can we work out irreconcilable political differences to protect common interests for our sexual and reproductive health?
* How much sex does it take to power a light bulb? Can fucking charge a battery? Could we power electronics with our sex lives?
* What happens when your recreational sex life gets you fired? (Definitely blowing your work load!) How do you get back to work after a sexual scandal?
* How does activism focused around sexual orientation work with or against activism focused around gender identity? (e.g., In what ways has the fight for marriage equality worked for and/or against the fight for transgender rights?)
* How do we create toys that improve how sex works for folks with disabilities?
* How does your sexuality-related activism add to your emotional workload?
* What happens when your recreational sex life starts to feel like work?
* Is making sex toys a good thing in a world already full of plastic junk? Is there another way? Biodegradable sex toys?
* Can someone please do something about this FUCKING PATENT TROLL?!?!
* Is patenting sex toys a special kind of evil?
* Is any of this smart sex toy stuff leading to Rise of the Machines?
* Would Comrade Lenin approve of all of this?
Submit a talk, a performance, a game, a workshop, a machine, a system!
Deadline: August 31, 2015.
Our selection will be announced early September, 2015. (Yes, yes, we can do that fast!)
For questions, please email: office AT monochrom.at
posted at 2015-08-05 by monochrom
Arse Elektronika 2015: Dates!
Finally we have dates!
October 2-4, 2015 at the the Center for Sex and Culture in San Francisco!
posted at 2015-05-21 by monochrom
Archive before May 2010